Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jonesin' for Java

Wow! I just discovered the more politically correct version of the "Special Brownies" from the 1970's! And SSSOOOO easy to make: coffee beans dipped in dark chocolate. That's it, the complete list of ingredients.

These little gems are very addictive and pack a caffeine jolt like you wouldn't believe. Moderation , man, MOD-ER-A-TION. My friends can keep their ciggies for afternoon breaks...... just give me my Coffee Crunchies.

Actually, I discovered the recipe while I was avoiding getting my paperwork together for the "Tax Lady". It's kind of like when I was doing my college classes.


I would go to great lengths to avoid sitting down and studying or writing compositions. Suddenly, I would decide to clean out the closet, wash my Jeep, scrub the toilets, shovel out the dog pen, pull weeds out of the flowerbeds....anything at all to keep me from doing the dreaded deed that I had proclaimed I just had to get done TODAY.


I'm a "WAIT TILL THE ABSOLUTE LAST MINUTE" kind of girl. Without the pressure of a deadline, I just can't quite commit to the task at hand. I mean, why do NOW what you can put off till tomorrow?


I want to get my taxes figured. Really, I do. It's kind of like an extra Christmas at tax time cuz I always way overpay. I just don't like getting lost in all that paperwork and I can never really remember what the 'Tax Lady' needs to prepare my return.

Well, better run. I think I can hear dust settling on top of my refrigerator.

2 comments:

LJ said...

Okay, already...
I read this and immediately printed out the last paper work that I needed for my tax man. I just had to have my medical expenses, and they were right there in Quicken waiting for me. I had been saying for a week or more now that I was going to finish this.
See, your procrastination inspired me..hee, hee.
Lynna

Amy said...

Oh, mom we are so much alike it is SCARY! I have the most immaculate and well-organized coat closet because I was avoiding something else. Can't remember now what it was, but I'm sure it was WAY less fun than cleaning out my coat closet. :)
Love you!