Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stalling for Time

This is my 2nd of 3 days off work. I made myself a list of things I wanted to accomplish (in no particular order).
-Bake bread
-Make bumpy Jello stuff
-Send Valentines to my 3 sweet dumplin grandchildren
-Sit in my jammies in front of the fire drinking coffee
-Balance my checkbook
-Catch up on laundry
-Take a nap
- Post my first blog
-Get all my income tax stuff into a packet to take to the tax lady
-Hem my white scrubs (if I can find the sewing machine)
-Put elastic in my scrub pants that have tie strings so I won't have to fight a knot when I finally get to the potty with my bladder about to burst.

So far I've managed to do all but the last 3 things. I had to place a call to the ladies at the hospital cafeteria to ask,
"Can I have your recipe for Jello?"

"Who IS this?" asked a voice I didn't recognize." and why you don't know how to make Jello?"

"Um, er, this is Melody. Where are my friends, the lunch ladies that I know?"

"Aye, carumba, there is a crazy lady on the phone that wants a recipe for Jello."

"Hello, Melody, can I help you? Yes, I know you like our ambrosia, of course I will give you the recipe. You are welcome for all the times I have saved you some of the "Bumpy Jello" as you call it. Start with 5 cups of boiling water........"

EEEK. I don't want bumpy jello for a crowd...just for 2 people....but I'm good at math (at least with small numbers) so I finally got the recipe and whittled it down to size.

I don't like gathering info for the tax lady. I always feel like I should do my own income taxes, but all the numbers and stuff just make me crazy so each year I gather my info and drive 30 miles to the same tax lady.

I REALLy don't want to sew either so maybe I'll just drink more coffee or take another nap.

1 comment:

LJ said...

Yeah!
Sister, I am so glad that you have joined the blog-gy world.
Love the name too.
Yes, it is a wonderful place for people who just can not shut up.
I should know, hee-hee.
I can't wait to read more.
Lynna