Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Floppy Cushions

I've known for over 25 years that I do not like sofas with floppy cushions on the back. You know, the kind that has all the fluff filling that always sags down to the bottom of the cushion and leaves none at the top. I learned this little life lesson when a couple who were very good friends of mine bought some floppy backed furniture.

I've bought several sofas since then; always I remembered to avoid the floppy cushions.......til this time. In September I got a bigger house. Bigger house needed more furniture. Old sofa was perfectly fine with me, but I wanted some new stuff to go with it. New stuff is kind of exciting...til the new wears off. Then it's plain to see.....I am the proud new owner of a

sofa with very floppy cushions. BLLLLEEEEECCCCHHH.



Please learn from my mistake. Just because it is newer, it does NOT make something better. I miss my old couch. It suited me. It was firm in the right places and soft in some places and gave me many years of enjoyment.


Maybe couples could learn the same thing about relationships.


I think I'll go give hubby a hug...maybe even a little smooch.

No comments: