Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweathogs and THE BIRDS


Although I am happy to know that I am not the only one to sweat like a friggin race horse ( I have used that line more times than I can count- though I knew not from whence it came- sometimes I like to use real snazzy English...I'm versatile that way) I am sorry if you too are afflicted. Yes, I AM truly a sweathog ! hehehe

The only sweat reference I use more is the dainty "sweatin like a French whore in church" ....don't know where it came from but probably a western.

Seriously, it has not felt like much of a winter.Today will be the blessed exception. High of 33 degrees (that was at 6:30 when I got up), winds howling and temps dropping like a rock!

Yippee! I may get my "snow day". I am off work today and plan on spending the day at home with the only outing to be one to the woodpile and to refill the quail feeder.

The most memorable mockingbirds have been the ones in the spring nighttime ..almost always from 3 to 5 am. The little birdies were singin' their sweet song and it sounded like a jackhammer outside my window. When I have mentioned the mockingbird relocation project most people look at me like I have just threatened to blow up a nunnery or something....guess they must be sound sleepers or else sleep with windows closed year round.

I interrupted this post long enough to make biscuits and gravy. The kind others refer to as pie-dough gravy....actually mine is almost thick enough one can eat it with chopsticks.....mmmmmm.

The air was oozing itty bitty moisture particles that started to freeze on the porch. Mike and I brought in firewood and fed the critters, put the Jeep in the barn. We are all set.The moisture prompty ended just as we finished , but I have hope for more throughout the day.


Speaking of birds, I remain terrified of the movie by the same name. THE BIRDS. I must not have been very old when I peeked around the recliner to watch that movie as a kid.

It was one of the most horrifying things I ever saw (probably mild and hokey by todays standards). I still strongly censor the movies that I watch so as not to be frightened or shocked by what I see. I am a Wonderful World of Disney fan to the core.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Between you and your brother....

You can't watch "The Birds" and he can't watch Bonnie and Clyde. Was there a bird house theft at home when you two were young?

Which reminds me... I need to pop over to his blog and ask if he plans on watching the B&C remake with Hilary Duff.

Have a great day.

Amy said...

Oh, I am so your kid it is not even funny! Know what I peeked around the recliner to watch but shouldn't have? Michael Jackson's Thriller video. And the show that followed it "The Making of Thriller". We were at Aunt Darlene and Uncle Phil's house I think and it scared the crap out of me. That's what I get for watching something I shouldn't have I guess.
And know what we had for dinner last night? Eggs and sausage and biscuits and gravy. I finally mastered the art of making decent gravy. Until now, Jason has been the gravy-maker in our house. I was pretty proud it didn't taste like glue.
And now I'm off to look for that Indian Blanket picture that I'm sure looks pretty much identical to the one you took. When/if I find it I'll email it to you.
Love ya!